Monday, April 27th: Vote by Mail ballots must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service.
PLEASE NOTE: Governor DeWine’s June 2nd date no longer applies. The dates above are correct and final. The only way to vote is by mail or drop-off at the BOE; there will be no in-person voting at polling locations.
This will be the first time that many people vote by mail. When you are in contact with family and friends, please remind them that voting by mail is a two-step process:
1) Obtain a voter application on your own. Complete the application and return it to the Board of Elections. See below for more information about voter applications.
2) After sending your application, wait to receive your official voting ballot in the mail from the Board of Elections.
- If you need a voter application delivered to your residence; or if you would like us to deliver your application to the Board of Elections (save a stamp!), please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-470-8098. We can also let you know where to pick-up and drop-off voter applications in Rocky River.
- Print a voter application from the Board of Elections website HERE
- Call the Board of Elections at (216) 443-8683 and ask them to mail the voter application to you.
*** On the application, remember to select “Primary Election” and write/select “Democratic” for the political party. ***
Check the status of your Vote by Mail application and ballot HERE.
For complete Vote by Mail information, visit the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections online HERE, or call (216) 443-8683.
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA:
To view the video of President Obama’s endorsement of Joe Biden, click HERE. It is good to see and hear from this wonderful man who explains what is at stake and why it is so important to elect Joe Biden.
SENATOR SHERROD BROWN
Earth Day Live Webinar:
Wednesday, April 22nd, 11 AM
Join with others from the Cleveland area in marking the 50th anniversary of Earth Day with this digital town hall gathering. Senator Sherrod Brown and others will address the multiple, intertwined crises faced today with the pandemic, societal inequities, and climate change. To register for the webinar, click HERE.
Daily Facebook Sessions:
Senator Brown is hosting daily Facebook Live sessions every weekday at 12:45 PM to keep Ohioans informed about Coronavirus efforts. To watch the daily briefings, click HERE
Small Business Conference Call:
Senator Sherrod Brown hosted a Conference Call on April 9th with the Small Business Administration Cleveland District Office. A resource guide titled, “Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act” was provided during the call. To view the Guide, please click HERE.
Please share the following resources with family and friends. We are in this together.
- Apply for unemployment, click HERE
- Rocky River Assistance Program, click HERE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline, click HERE
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline, click HERE
- The Rocky River Assistance Program helps 1,000 families in Rocky River with food, personal care, and household items every other month. At the most basic level, this is neighbors helping neighbors. To donate, click HERE
- The Greater Cleveland Food Bank has seen a 30-percent increase in new clients seeking food assistance since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. In you’re in a position to help with a donation, click HERE.
- The Red Cross urgently needs blood. All blood donations must now be scheduled (no walk-ins). Please click HERE to view future blood drives in our community and in neighboring communities.
- Face shields. Our neighbors in North Olmsted are supporting a group that is producing face shields for our medical and safety forces. If you can donate supplies, your time, or make a financial contribution, click HERE
The Rocky River Democratic Club meeting scheduled on Tuesday, April 28th, 7 PM at the Library is, of course, cancelled. We’ll provide updates later about the May meeting.
THANK YOU to all of the following who demonstrate quiet heroism and courage each day while helping us: medical teams, police and fire personnel, grocery workers, postal carriers, delivery drivers, and more. Thank you!
If you have any questions about vote-by-mail or any other topic/issue, please send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll respond promptly.