For The Second Meeting Of The New Year!
TUESDAY, February 22nd
7 PM Via Zoom and In-Person
Chapter Chair, Bay Village League of Women Voters
Ms. White will provide a very timely update on redistricting and describe the latest antics by Republicans in the Ohio State House.
During the meeting we’ll also vote on new Club Officers and amending the Club’s bylaws. Please see complete details below under “Club Business.”
To attend the meeting, please CLICK HERE
The online form will ask whether you will attend in-person or via Zoom
- In-person is limited to the first 20 who RSVP. Before the meeting, we’ll update you on the Library’s Covid protocols.
- If attending by Zoom, the link will be sent to you on February 22nd.
During the meeting, Club members in good standing will vote on two items:
1. Confirm the appointment of the following individuals who were appointed to their respective roles by the Club’s Executive Team on February 2nd:
Dave Cimperman, Vice President
Erin King, Recording Secretary
Nick Bitz, Corresponding Secretary
2. Amend the Club’s bylaws to change the singular role of “Secretary” to the new, separate roles of “Recording Secretary” and “Corresponding Secretary.”
To preview the Club’s current bylaws, please CLICK HERE.
March is the month for everyone to renew your paid membership or become a new dues-paying member. But, you can start early! Membership dues helped the Club produce and mail postcards that reached every registered Democratic voter before last November’s local election, maintain the Club’s presence on the internet, hold events like the summer party at Elmwood Cabin, and more.
- Student: $5
- Senior: $10
- Individual: $20
- Family: $30
There are four easy ways to renew or become a new, dues-paying member:
1. Pay securely on the Club’s website by CLICKING HERE. Click the appropriate level for you on the right of your screen.
2. Print the member application form by CLICKING HERE. Mail the form and your check to the Club’s Treasurer (name and address are on the application)
3. Save a stamp and request that the Club send you an application form and pre-stamped return envelope. Send that request now with a quick email by CLICKING HERE.
4. Attend the Club meeting at the Library on February 22 or March 29. You can complete an application form and provide a check in person!
Record-keeping is easier if everyone completes the membership process beginning now through the end of March. As a Rocky River resident and registered Democrat, becoming a paid member confers the ability to vote on items such as Club Officers, endorsements made by the Club, changes to the Club’s bylaws, and other decisions that require voting by members. We also welcome supporters who wish to become Associate Members (registered Democrats who are non-residents of Rocky River — does not confer Club voting rights).
Thank you in advance!
ELECTION 2022: MAY 3RD PRIMARY
In this critical midterm election year, Democrats across the country — including us in Rocky River — will work to preserve our majority in the U.S. House and Senate. President Biden can’t do it alone. Our votes and activism will help elect Democrats who will protect voting rights, address climate change, strengthen middle class incomes, and so much, much more.
In Rocky River this year, we’ll be voting for a U.S. Senator and Congressional Representative, Ohio Governor, State Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Board of Education, Ohio Statehouse Representatives, Cuyahoga County Council offices, judges, and more.
Following are key dates and links for the upcoming May 3rd primary:
Vote by mail ballots to be mailed.
To request a vote by mail ballot, first complete an application from the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections by CLICKING HERE.
As far as we know now, you must pro-actively request the vote by mail application, regardless if you’ve voted that way in past elections. No agency or organization will send you one. If that changes, we’ll let you know.
Close of voter registration.
If you or someone you know has moved, and to check or update your voter registration conveniently online, CLICK HERE.
Opening of vote by mail and early in person voting at the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections (BOE) located at 2925 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH. See the schedule for early in person voting at the BOE at the end of this message.
Close of early in person voting at the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections.
Vote by mail ballots must be postmarked by this date.
Primary Election Day. Local polling locations in Rocky River will be open 6:30 AM – 7:30 PM.
If you have any questions about voting, please call the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections at: 216-443-8683.